Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ThE tErRIbLe TwOs

heres arden at famous daves, we had to tell her the pig was gunna come to our table if she didnt sit down and eat
heres a classic example of a tantrum..
blue ice cream,root beer popcicles, tantrums, the backyardagains surfer dude toy, m&ms, tantrums again, a new blow up "fwimming" pool and stripping naked on the front porch, waking up at 7am, my little ponies on repeat,spilling rice crispies everywhere, riding the dog, screaming at the top of your lungs...scratching and pulling hair,begging to wear my lingeree to the store because they are your fairy dresses,pouring pee pee on the bathroom floor and insisting on wiping it up,changing your clothes four times daily because of stains,throwing your doll out the car window then screaming bloddy murder,digging into potted plants and throwing the dirt on the floor,standing up in the cart at the store,climbing out and falling,calling people in my phone to breathe in it,peeing the bed, putting on my makeup,wiping with an entire roll of toilet paper, being my human blanket at night "snuggle me" the pickyness,the tears,and the giggles... all this and i'd have you ten more times if i had too. arden i love you and i love your terrible twos. but dear lord please make em go by fast...im losing my sanity:)
today i went with a friend (whos due for baby #2 any day now) to babys r us and found myself wanting to buy all the cute stuff and set up the crib, i swear the cutest baby even looked up at me with sparkley eyes and said "hi"...then i looked at arden, hanging out of the cart screaming bloddy murder for no reason, dirty face and all (precious dirty face that is)and thought: oh hell no not yet. and thats the truth.

9 comments:

Marley Family said...

AHHH! The terible two's. I've done it twice. And people wonder why I space my children out. It's the hardest and funnest time. Sometimes you just have to laugh becaues you might cry. Good luck!!!

Jessica Potter said...

I love Ardy B and I want to squeeze her dirty little face. She is the smartest child in the universe and she is just frusterated because she can't express her inner prodigy-ness. I heart her. Romy loves her.

Elle Keeps Moving said...

Oh my goodness - your post just made my day. I have been having a week from hell with Lucy and feeling so inadequate so your troubles made me feel better...and normal. My favorite part was the last paragraph, though. I read it out loud to Jared and we both laughed and laughed and then said, "Amen".

Anna said...

LOVE the naughties. LOVE em.
Have another. Just do it. Arden needs a little playmate. Just do it. Get knocked up. Go on.
:)

House of Smiths said...

I love it. lol. It get's better. I promise. Hang in there girl.
Shelley

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Dear Ardie, your driving your mum crazy. Please be nice to her and don't pull her hair. Love Liam

Heather said...

Oh boy am I in for it then. Ayla already does some of that stuff and she is only 14 months. I love her though and wouldn't take her any other way.

Arden is such a doll. I think Ayla and her are a lot alike.

amber hawkins warren said...

Nice post! Yea I was thinking it would be a good time for another tiny bebe until about a month ago. Holden kills me with his teething temper tantrums. It's shocking how strong he is when he's mad. I'm holding off for sure . . . LOL

Kit said...

HAHAHAHA! This may be my favorite post yet! I am with Anna, You need to make another real fast. My little bug needs a playmate!