Saturday, February 28, 2009

I CUT MYSELF ON A PIECE OF YOU


This is a piece i painted about three years ago when i was pregnant with my daughter. i felt bautyfull and a little bit violent when i created this. people always ask me to describe my art...tell them what im feeling at the time i painted it. what i can tell you is that the girl with the sunlight in her eyes is me and im missing someone. the words all around are my feelings at that precice moment. " on that day the fourth of july burns in her mind, she sings in her sleep and hides in her dreams" this is only a small part i'll let you figure out the rest on your own.

3 comments:

Marley Family said...

Emily, You have true talent. Your art is so amazing.(Just like you!) Remember me when your rich and famous!!!!

Anna said...

Em- Serious. You are a freakin genius. I love it.
Love the other pieces you have posted, and would love to hear what more is behind the pieces.
Emily, elizabeth whoever....
:)

Heather said...

I love the faces in this one. You are seriously talented.