Saturday, February 7, 2009

"I am absolutely not big. I am still really quite small"







this ones all about little miss arden betty. its amazing to me how much growing our little lady has done in just a few weeks. she is talking up a storm, and not only that...shes so funny! i cant even beleve some of the things shes doing....heres a few.

so yesterday we are getting ready to go out shopping and she insists on wearing her pink tu-tu. im big on letting her express herself and have fun with what shes wearing, so i let her. so out she went....tu-tu, pink tights and snow boots (it was hot) so we're in wal mart and this cute little old lady comes up to us to pinch ardens cheeks and tell her how pretty she is. im smiling and saying thank you, when arden raises her finger and tells the lady " i have a boogie" and what do you know, she has the hugest lime green split pea soup colered curly booger on the tip of her finger!! i could have died! not only was she wearing a halloween costume, but she got ketchup on it from lunch and she looked like tinkerbell who just crawled out of a dumpster. lucky for us the sweet lady handed me a tissue. we were out of there in a heart beat...only the lady gave us wal mart stickers so my dumpster baby had yellow smiley faces all over her to complete the look. the one on the tip of her nose stayed there even as i took the little sleepy head out of the car and in her bed.

next, last night we went to dinner and an old man with a long grayish white beard sat behind us. we were almost finised with dinner when the man excused himself to the bathroom, and arden said "wheres my santa?" and im puzzled, going "what do you mean baby?" i looked over at beau and his eyes are the size of golf balls. "she thinks that man is santa" he says. when we got up to walk out she pointed at him and said "thats my santa" over and over. i wanted to tell him what she ment but didnt want to offend. it was hillarious! here are a few more arden bettys finest.

1. says our dog ( the sweetest dog ever ) hits her "care bear hit me mommy"

2. will only eat orange popcicles and orange gummy vitamins

3.says "my tummy hurts" for attention

4.sings ond mc donald through all the isles at the grocery store

5.when you ask her when she was born she says "bemer" for november

6. does the pee pee dance after she pes on the big girl potty

7.says "daddy workt?" when beaus gone

8.loves to dance iron and wine flightless bird is our song.

8. dances like a chicken

9. has to have "aiel bubbles" ariel bubbles for every bath

10.smeared my premodial cream (like 40 bucks a jar) all over the potty. lucky for me it was a gift from my sister.

11.says "promise" when shes really sereous about something

12. as soon as we arrive at a shoe store she wrips her shoes off and begins trying on the display shoes. she almost got us kicked out of dillards last week.

13.has a brooklin accent example: mine=muyne, , water=woder,bottle=boddle, mom=moum

14.says i love you so sweetly

15.has one litle mischevious curl on top of her head

16. loves root beeeeeer

17.colors on walls, rugs, even herself

18.holds a pencil like a pro

19. loves to have her "finganales" painted, toenails are fingernails too.

20. when asked if shes a baby or a big girl she always replies "im a baby"
21. loves to paint with watercolors....when she wakes up in the morning she says "im paintin"

DEAR ARDEN BETTY YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE. I LOVE YOUR NAUGHTYNESS AND YOUR LITTLE CROOKED GRIN. I LOVE YOUR SWEET GIGGLE. I LOVE WHEN YOU FLOOD THE BATHROOM AND DUMP BEANS OUT ON THE NEW CARPET. I LOVE YOUR SQUEEKY SHOES AND YOUR POLKA DOTS. I LOVE YOUR POOPIES AND YOUR MESSES. I LOVE YOUR BOOGIES AND YOUR TOYS SCATTERED ALL OVER THE PLACE. I LOVE WATCHING TINKERBELL AT 6 AM WITH YOU. THANK YOU FOR BEING MOMMIES BABY.

6 comments:

Kit said...

Love this post Emm! SHe is seriously beautiful. I can't believe how big she looks to me. I think I think of her as a little baby too with that little hairless head :)! THat is so funny that she says my tummy hurts for attention. Lexi still uses that same line when she is feeling a little neglected. I bet you are the raddest mom! :)

Adrienne said...

emily-your family is so cute and your blogs absolutely crack me up!!! i hope youre all doing well!

Jessica Potter said...

I loved this goofy post. Ardy B is the cutest, smartest, most amazingist, pretties, funniest, preciousist, fabulousness, pretty skinnes little girl I know. I heart her.

Heather said...

I love the post. You really painted a picture for me. She is doing a lot now. Wow! She is so adorable. What a wonderful post, to have all that documented.

Anna said...

Arden Betty is fabulous! Love it when she calls me Aena.
You are a fantastic momma!
Love that little Ardie!

Chad and Clair said...

So I was reading in your "music section"....how the new amsterdams Idaho song is your song... I love them! I don't know a lot of people that even know them.