Monday, March 2, 2009

In your eyes i see a darkness that torments you


i painted her in my kitchen listening to the juliana theory.....back in 04? yeah. this painting was very emotional to me. i link songs i listen to with memories, and when i painted this memories of a crazy relationship from my past came flodding back in my mind.my art saved me from this.
WHEN I PAINT I FEEL A RELEASE THAT I CAN NOT DESCRIBE. I KNOW THIS GIFT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY GOD. ITS MY HEALING. FOR ME THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD BETTER THEN ME AND A SIMPLE DAY ON A TILE FLOOR WITH A PAINTBRUSH IN MY HAND AND AND A CANVAS AT MY FEET.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is so awesome that you get peace from painting.

L.B. said...

I remember doing sit-ups to the Juliana Theory in '04 so that my drunk-kid-catholic boyfriend would like me.