Sunday, March 8, 2009

miss arden betty gets stripes






yikes stripes!! so i did it again,and i loved every second of it. when i was working at mariott during my pregnancy i fell in love with the yellow striped walls in the suits. i loved the comfy feeling they created in the rooms and the fact that they looked nice and they were fun too!every day i stood on swollen feet and dreamed of sleeping in the rooms and puking in those pretty toilets! (yeah, i dream big hu?) so, what do you know?? i painted stripes for my sweet bundle on the way. we opted for a gender neutral green and white....and it was so sweet! little elephants and pokadots,perfect for a boy or a girl.....heres a small peek of the wall (boring picture because i had to edit my naked pregnant bellie out:)
Well, when we moved into our new house we had a million jobs to do. you name it we did it! it was fun and hectic and the house is just as we wanted it....except for miss arden bettys room. we were just not up to the task....so we called it good. but this week i had to do something....and i missed those baby stripes oh so much! so yup i did it again....heres the result. i love it and most of all arden loves it. beau and i laugh because growing up we never had nice rooms. i plastered mine with magazine cutouts and pictures of my friends....to cover up my moms choice of pink unicorns...that crap still haunts me. i hated those walls so much, i remember being 6 and wiping boogers on the walls while sitting in bed. beau tells me the story of being moved into colbys room (his big bro) when he moved out. not so bad, but good ole colb left freddy cruger up on the wall..and no one bothered to take the stupid poaster down! talk about nightmares. so anyway, this is just a peek, i need to go to some baby botiques and find some good stuff for the walls...im not much of a decorator but its so much fun!!

11 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Oooo-Wee! It looks SO SO SO good! I'm totally impressed. You did SUCH a great job! You guys both look SO cute at the little table coloring. Arden is such a lucky girl, to have such a "cool" mom! :)
Shelley

Jessica Potter said...

I love them! Come do them for me!

Becky said...

I love Ardens room. It is the cutest thing i have ever seen i want to sleep in there to. She should fill like a princes. You are such a good mom!!! love ya

amber hawkins warren said...

Very cute! Can I hire you when we need painting done? You're really good.

Kit said...

LOVE the stripes and LOVE LOVE the bubbles! Man, I read this blog and think I am really Lazy!! You are always creating and using your little mind while I watch Garbage like the Bachelor!!?? What is with me. Inspired by you!

Anonymous said...

Cute CUTE room! I love it. Lily has the same bedspread and thingy hanging down over her bed. I love it. Gotta love Ikea:)
You are such a good mom. I wish I had your energy.

Marley Family said...

So cute! What a lucky ducky!!!!

Heather said...

So cute! I love it! What a cute idea. You did such a great job. It looks like a room out of a magazine.

Chad and Clair said...

My sister did this for her nurserey execpt with pink and tan. Your's turned out really good. Arden is a lucky girl. I second Ambers sentiment.

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

They loook gorgeous... really, you guys did a great job on it. Loved reading the post specially about your unicorn walls and boogers hahahahahahaha lol...

Anna said...

Everyone keeps saying how lovely miss Ardens room is... AND I will have to agree. Now come paint my room and brush MY hair. ;)