Monday, March 23, 2009

CAkEs, bUbBLeGuM, aNd wOrMs

miss arden and my secret weapon

This little devil, had to be bribed with candy to let me take a decent picture...oh arden betty...the adventures.

Im a cake freek...so when i saw this little number i had to buy it for arden...its magnificent! a delacacy of little deserts on fabric . i once wanted to own my own bakery, get a huge sleve tattoed on my arm, and give free cookies to bums. but then i figured out i only wanted to be maggy gilinhall on Stranger Then Fiction. i love her.
What else? we are potty training....and its....interesting. every day its an adventure. i bought her tinkerbell panties, and shes so skinny she looked like a starved war victim. she hates them by the way...and she says in a loud, almost physcotic voice "cHaNgE mY DIaPeR" so....my strategy with the potty has been simply this...a pretty little bubble gum machine. when she goes on the potty she gets a penny and a brightly colored gumball(AND IT ALWAYS HAS TO BE ORANGE...SHES OBSESSED WITH ORANGE).its worked like a charm..so far.
Oh, one more thing....we found out ardens TERRIFIED of worms!! i have never seen her freek out like she did last night. we will never watch How To Eat Fried Worms again.she even freeked out at the sight of gummy worms!!! worms are ardens boogie monster.

7 comments:

Amy said...

That dress is really fabulous; I wish they made one in my size:)

House of Smiths said...

She looks SO cute! And the worms thing is hilarious! lol
Shelley

Kit said...

I LOVE that dress!! Way cute post! I hate potty training so good luck with that.

Marley Family said...

I love the dress!! Cake is my weakness as well. I could eat cake everyday. Potty training sucks! I've been potty traing my 2 year old since Jan. He is so stubbern!!! Thats a good idea with the gumballs. I just might have to try that.

Anna said...

LoVE that dress for my friend Ardie B.
It was fun to hang out with her last week. ;)
I love cake. Especially when we eat it together!

Heather said...

I loved that dress on her this past Sunday. She looks so cute in it.

Good job on the potty training thing. I don't look forward to that.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute and sassy!! Love the dress!