Monday, March 2, 2009

LOST MY MARBLES



I love old things. old is better. old is beautyfull. my house is old, and thats the only way i want it. the thought of a new home saddens me. all my life i dreamed of a big front porch and old walls with weird plates. i have the porch, now im working on the plates. saturday my friend suzzy and i went antiquing. my finds?? two bird plates and an old mayonayse jar that i filled with marbles.10 cents each!!! i was overjoyed as i dropped each marble in the jar, and me and the little old lady running the place counted them out. suzzy got one to mach. friendship marble jars if you will. who needs rings when you can have marble jars?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cute. I love the idea!

Kit said...

Are you kidding me??? I am obsessed with those plates! Take me vintage shopping with you puhlease! I don't know any of the good thrift stores up here. We need to hang more. You are a babe, and I love the new art theme blog. I love you.