Friday, August 7, 2009

MY LITTLE GARDEN........
This year, i did something new...i planted a garden. i began in may with a little miniture green house,and i stuffed anything under the sun in those little pods. tomatoes, cucumbers,baby carrots, cilantro, peas, watermellon,and strawberries and my favorite pumpkins!!!!
and to my suprise...it all grew, from little itty bitty seeds. its so nice to go out and just pick a cucumber and slice it up, rather then go to a store. its very rewarding! i know i sound like a child, and thats ok. i think the best part of it has been tending it. getting all muddy, pullin weeds, doing things i saw my mother do my entire life. its funny, because as ive grown older, i slowly see myself turning into my mom. gardening,antiques, things i turned my nose up at when i was young. i love love love it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

way to go. i want to have a garden. someday when i have a house i will have one. isn't it funny how we find ourselves doing things we swore we'd never do, let alone enjoy?

Jessica Potter said...

I am so proud of you and your garden!

Anna said...

I love you more and more as you become bONSstER!! I love your momma.
AND you dont sound like a child, you actually sound like an older man that comes into my work and tells me about the joys of gardening.
i want a garden.
love that you have one. you are a domestic queen!!

Marley Family said...

I love it! I need a garden next year!