Wednesday, August 4, 2010

the ax forgets, the tree remembers
i have debated for a long time if i wanted to go into my history and my past experience with "child birth"
i read the above a feew weeks ago, and it made me cry
i am the tree
i was cut open, and no i never forgot
the birth of my daughter was the most traumatizing experience of my life so far
my doctor didnt remember me years later when he removed my iud
he is the ax



its my hope to have a vbac
this birth, the birth of my son, is to be my healing birth
i know there is a better way to give birth, and for me it cant be in a hospital
i used to think hospitals were safe
that they cared
guess what? they dont
they are a business, get em in, get em out
"cut em, they can never sue you for that"
my c-cetion was because of failure to progress
(failure to dialate on their watch)
they wanted me outta there...so they cut me.
they took my baby from me, when she was not ready
i was not ready
call me crazy
maby i am
i wont go back




4 comments:

Heather said...

I am so sorry that happened to you! I am glad you are doing it a different way for you! It will be a healing birth for you! I am so cheering you on!!! Go, Emily, Go!

Marley Family said...

you tell em emily!

Jessica Potter said...

Do what you gotta do Mama!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Emily, I'm so thrilled you have a 'voice' don't let them rob you again sweet girl. Your amazing and I know your little guy is going to appreciate how hard you have worked to get him here naturally. Cant wait for the big day...